Moulvijie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The commencment of this forum

Go down

The commencment of this forum Empty The commencment of this forum

Post by Umme Habiba Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:49 pm

Following the Sunnah of discussion that was initiated by my grandfather in our house, me and my sisters were discussing the lack of visionaries produced in the sixty years of our existence. We realized that it wasn’t the scarcity of personalities, but the lack of acknowledgment and recognition of their abilities. We also fathomed that the renowned personalities were nationally acclaimed either for their religious inclinations or their secular aspirations. I think, and you can disagree, that this dichotomy in our society is an upshot due to the underestimation of the scope of Islam. Did I witness the religious personalities fulfilling the pre-requisites of progression or the secular entities complementing the religious void? The obvious answer was NO.
Rampaging through our sixty years of history and being unable to find a handful of personalities who would satisfy my religious as well as worldly emulations, was heartbreaking! But then, a memory that my sister had previously shared with me, rang in my ears, “Her cheez ke dau rukh hote hein, aik acha aur aik bura. Asal baat hai aitadaal! Mausiqi agar uriyaani ky taraf le jaey tau nuqsaandeh aur agar khuada ky taraf le jaey tau bohat faida mand. Mayanaa rawi kamiyaabi hai”*, the words coming from a ‘religious scholar’ opening to me a whole world of analytical thinking and making me comprehend the leeway provided by religion; the words of my grandfather Syed Muhammad Ameer Shah Qadri al-Gilani.
Syed Muhammad Ameer Shah is recognized as a religious scholar in literary circles, but what made him ‘man-of-the-populous’ was his humble personality; his charisma as a humanitarian, a teacher, a politician, a journalist, a pioneer, a friend and most importantly the utter modesty in his character that made you felt comfortable in his company. He would come down to your level and discuss things that would interest you. As a child I remember him playing with me, making jokes, talking about sports; and when we grew up a bit, about politics. One could sit and talk about anything with him without hesitation. But to me, the most fascinating aspect of his personality was his love for his homeland- Peshawar. He had so much pride in owning this place that it left unimaginable impressions on me. He was a man who firmly believed in progression, in personal and intellectual development. In him, my broken heart finds solace and there are many who relate to my account.

This forum is dedicated to an exceptional man who made us realize our abilities, pride and the ultimate reality.

At the twilight, a moon appeared in the sky
Then it landed on earth to look at me.
Like a hawk stealing a bird at the time of prey;
That moon stole me and rushed back into the sky.

I looked at myself; I did not see me anymore;
For in that moon, my body turned as fine as soul.
The nine spheres disappeared in that moon;
The ship of my existence drowned in that sea.
-Rumi

*Translation: Remember, every contention has two aspects, a good one and a bad one. Balance is the zenith. Music leading to vulgarity is destructive, but leading to God is beneficial. Moderation is success.”
Umme Habiba
Umme Habiba
Admin

https://moulvijie.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down